You will thoroughly enjoy this nutrient dense, easy to prepare soup. Blending this soup with low fat milk gives it a lovely green color which together with flavor of sauteed onions and garlic makes this soup irresistible!
i would especially recommend this soup to all my weight conscious readers. I have not strained this soup in order to retain the fibre of the soup.
- 1/2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic- finely cut
- 1 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup low fat (cow’s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in deep non stick pan. Add garlic and onions and saute until light golden brown in color.
- Add chopped spinach and saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
- Add milk and water and cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Blend the above mixture, add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot!