You can’t go wrong with Mushrooms. They’re fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and
cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Nutritional benefits vary depending on the type of mushroom. But overall, they are a good source of Protein, Anti oxidants, Beta Glucan, B Vitamins, Copper, Potassium. Tandoori Mushroom is an Indian appetizer made by marinating mushrooms with spices, yogurt and grilled to perfection. They are simply delicious, bursting with flavors and so easy to make. My personal favorites’ 🙂
- 250 grams button mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala/ tandoori masala
- 1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup yogurt/ curds
- 1/4 bowl makhanas
- 1 tablespoon oil – to be used only if grilling or baking the mushrooms in the oven
- Salt as required
- Chat masala – as per taste
- Few drops lemon juice or add as required
- Rinse the mushrooms well in water. Drain and wipe them dry.
- In a blender, mix curds, makhanas, ginger garlic paste and all the dry masalas
- Marinate the mushrooms with the above mixture and keep aside for 20-25 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and grill for 15-20 mins
- Delicious tandoori mushrooms is ready. Sprinkle chat masala and lemon juice and enjoy!!
(Can even make on iron cast tawa/ gas if you dont have oven. Can replace mushrooms with broccoli/ paneer/ gobi/ baby corn as per your liking)