Tomato, Carrot and Beetroot Soup is a comforting and easy dish to make on cold rainy days. This recipe uses no cornflour or heavy cream, relying on the goodness of vegetables alone to provide all the goodness, flavour and body to the soup.
- 500 grams Tomatoes- quartered
- 1 Onion- finely chopped
- 50 grams Beetroot- roughly chopped
- 1 medium size carrot- roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil/ Cooking oil
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- To begin making the Tomato, Carrot and Beetroot Soup, heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger,garlic and onions and saute them up till light brown and translucent.
- Then, tip in the quartered tomatoes and toss them continuously, cooking on a medium flame, until the skin shrinks.
- The next step is to add the beetroot,carrot, salt and water to this and pressure cook until you hear 2-3 whistles. Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release completely.
- Once the pressure has released from the cooker pour the soup mixture into a blender to make a smooth puree.