The Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe is a wholesome soup packed with nutrients. In this recipe, broccoli is roasted in a pan until soft along with garlic and then finally ground along with almonds to give it that creamy texture.
- 2 cups Broccoli- cut into florets
- 1 Onions- sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic- finely chopped
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Badam (Almond)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Whole Black Peppercorn coarsely pounded
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- To begin making the Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe, wash the broccoli florets and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Soak almonds in hot water for about 20 minutes. Peel off the skin from the almonds and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat; add the garlic, onions and saute until the onions have softened.
- Once the onions have softened, add the broccoli florets and saute the broccoli on for a minute. Sprinkle salt, cover the pan and steam cook the broccoli in the pan for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once you notice the broccoli has steamed just enough to take a bite, turn off the heat. Allow the broccoli onion mixture to cool.
- Once cooled, add the broccoli, soaked almonds and milk into a mixer grinder. Blend to make a smooth puree.
- Once blended, pour the broccoli almond soup into a saucepan and bring it to a brisk boil and turn off the heat. Do this step only when you are ready to serve the soup. Check the salt and adjust according to taste.
- Garnish the Broccoli Almond Soup with crushed black pepper and serve hot.