Looking for something wholesome and nutritious to start your day? Add a healthy twist to your breakfast with this delicious Jowar Upma cooked with lots of veggies. Gluten-free and high in protein, jowar or sorghum is a great alternative for wheat in this popular breakfast dish.
- Jowar daliya– 1/2 katori
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Green peas – 1/4 cup, boiled (optional)
- Carrot – 1 small, boiled, finely chopped,
- Coriander – 5-6 springs chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2-3 no.s
- Salt to taste
- Clean & wash daliya thoroughly. Cook daliya in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, turmeric powder , curry leaves & red chili powder into it. & onion into it. Saute it for 5 mins.
- Add carrot, peas into it. Saute for 5 mins.
- Add cooked daliya into it.
- Cook it for 5-10 mins with a lid.
- Garnish this with fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.