Looking for something wholesome and nutritious to start your day? Add a healthy twist to your breakfast with this delicious Jowar Upma cooked with lots of veggies. Gluten-free and high in protein, jowar or sorghum is a great alternative for wheat in this popular breakfast dish.
- Jowar daliya– 1/2 katori
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Green peas – 1/4 cup, boiled (optional)
- Carrot – 1 small, boiled, finely chopped,
- Coriander – 5-6 springs chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2-3 no.s
- Salt to taste
- Clean & wash daliya thoroughly. Cook daliya in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, turmeric powder , curry leaves & red chili powder into it. & onion into it. Saute it for 5 mins.
- Add carrot, peas into it. Saute for 5 mins.
- Add cooked daliya into it.
- Cook it for 5-10 mins with a lid.
- Garnish this with fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.
3 thoughts on “Jowar Dalia Upma”
You need to be a part of a contest for one of the finest sites on the internet. I am going to recommend this website! Dell Corrie Huntington
Thank you so much!
Howdy! This article could not be written much better! Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing! Monika Karel Hiett