Moong Dal dhokla is a healthy, tasty and nutritious dhokla variety made with whole green moong, herbs and spices. It’s a steamed vegan cake that is protein-rich and guilt-free that you can enjoy for breakfast or dinner with a bowl of soup.
•1 cup green whole moong
•1/2 cup corrainder leaves
•1 green chilli
•1/2 inch ginger
•4-5 cloves garlic
•1 tsp fruit salt/eno
•1 tsp Sesame seeds
•1/2 tsp mustard seeds
•2 tsp Oil
•7-8 pcs curry leaves
For Garnish –
•Fresh grated coconut
- Rinse whole green moong dal and soak overnight in water.
- Drain the water and add the moong in the mixer grinder. Add corrainder leaves, green chili, ginger, garlic and 1/2 cup water. Blend into a thick consistency batter.
- The batter should not be too thick nor thin but like a dhokla batter. Remove the batter in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile keep water to boil in a steamer.
- Next add oil, lemon juice and salt as required and mix well.
- Then add fruit salt or eno to the moong dal batter mixture. Eno is used as a leavening ingredient in this recipe
- Mix well and pour the batter in a greased plate.
- Steam the mixture for 12-15 mins.
- For tempering – take 2 tsp oil, add sesame seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and 1 split green chilli.
- Add the above tempering mixture on the dhokla once ready and enjoy with green chutney!