This quick and easy Asian-inspired recipe is made from simple ingredients that pack a BIG punch. Spicy garlic & ginger oil coats each green bean, leaving you with massive amounts of flavor! I’d say it’s most similar to a dry Chinese-style stir fry, but with my own personal twist.
For the Crispy Tofu
200 gms super firm tofu (cut into 1/2″ cubes)
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp nutritional yeast
For the Green Beans
1 tsp oil
4-5 cloves garlic (minced)
1″ ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
400 gms green beans (ends trimmed)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Chili oil, for garnish (optional)
- Toss the tofu and soy sauce in a large bowl until evenly coated
- Add the nutritional yeast and toss again until coated.
- Spread the tofu across pan and stir fry.
- In a sauté pan or wok, add the garlic and ginger to warm oil and sauté,
- Add the green beans and continue to sauté.
- Once the green beans are evenly cooked, turn off the heat and add soy sauce to the pan and stir well.
- Stir in optional chili oil or sesame seeds.
The secret to a great stir fry is to cook it quickly.
First, you cook the aromatics (like the garlic and ginger)
Then quickly cook the stir fry veggies until just tender. And as the name suggests, you’ll want to stir it often to make sure everything gets cooked evenly